Featured Post

The Winter Rain.

“The faded colors of life, the dim beams of light, strange is to see, the drenched world with liquid eyes” It was a winter rain… She...

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Night Sky.

Its been a long time, since I last saw the night sky. I used to love it once; it for me was the realization of the fact that world is beautiful, always- even when life isn't.
I used to lay down facing the sky and count the stars when I was a kid "I counted them" I used to say to my sister; "Ten thousand six hundred and fifty three". "That is three thousand less, you forgot those from that side." She used to impose a superiority. Then we learned about constellations, and used to spent hours spotting them. It was probably my favorite game before they began to sell game boy in India and my dad brought me one.
Then, I grew up. Night sky changed for me, from a game to a friend; it sort of found life. There are these friends you don't have to say things to; they just understand. Resting there head by your shoulder and patting your back, they just sit beside you silently. Night sky was that friend for me... And I loved its company.
I don't know what happened that I stopped being with it; lying in my bed with headphones on, watching things that I will surely forget someday. I ceased a relationship. 
I wonder about the times it has been there for me. So many moments to remember...
I have now come to it... After this long time of loneliness- an illness left untreated by songs, movies n tv programmes; an illness unknown to my worldly friends. I now sit with my cosmic companion, ever so welcoming... Smiling while I write this; I feel homely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment